Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 1 - Sunday

Chile is gorgeous!! Our hotel is two blocks from the ocean, so we took a walk along the boardwalk today. There were so many things to see from the hundreds of stray dogs and the ocean to the bible verses written on rocks and the Chilean people. The Chileans are really nice. I had an interesting conversation with one who did not speak a word of English, so with my poor Spanish it was hard to keep the conversation going. Dealing with money will also be a challenge, but should get easier with time (I'm not used to having a bill worth 10,000 in my wallet - the equivalent of about $20).

Happy Mother's Day!!! I'm disapointed I couldn't spend mother's day with my mom, but Chile is a nice alternative to that. I love you mom! Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun Jess, I love you. And post some pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! And thanks for the Mother's Day sentiments. Glad you had such a great start to the trip!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete