Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 8 - Sunday

Sunday was our second and last free day... but it was still pretty busy! I woke up early with Lisa and Grace, my roommates, and went to church. Let me tell you, mass in Spanish is not easy to understand. We went to the church that we saw the day before that was damaged by the earthquake, so we had mass in a little side room. There were not as many songs in this mass as back home, or as much organization. I wonder if part of that is due to mass being held in a room besides the main hall. After church we went to the shops along the beach again... they were just setting up when we got there, so we went back to the hotel and got ready to go watch the Chile vs. Mexico game on TV. Everyone was planning on going out to a bar to watch the game and eat lunch, but no one in our group knew where to go. After wandering around for 30 min. we ended up going to a place 5 min from our hotel. We ate lunch (empanda's - delicious!!) and watched the game. Chile lost :( I was pretty dissappointed! After the game we went down to the shops on the beach yet again! I have bought so much here its ridiculous. I need to stop going to stores. After shopping was a starbucks run where we met a couple of US girls in high school who are doing exchange program here. We talked to them for a while, they were really sweet. Then it was off to take pictures of the sunset on the beach... AMAZING! I really can't get over how beatiful the ocean is. Then dinner and bed. A pretty relaxing weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment